Sunday, March 10, 2019

Ward Conference--1 more to go

This morning started out well in spite of the fact that we lost an hour.  You who know me best know that losing an hour of sleep is rather devastating for me :)  I had ward conference with the Rolling Hills Ward this morning, so church was at 9:00 instead of noon which made a big difference where the time change is concerned. 
While I was eating breakfast I got a Marco Polo from Nan (which is why I enjoyed my morning).  I haven't communicated with her very often through Marco Polo because it seems that it's hard for her to get enough Internet time, so I thought she'd want to save that time for her own family.  At least right now, however, she has Internet, so we were able to talk.  
Nan taught Relief Society today.  She wanted to teach in French, so Bruce gave her a blessing, but in spite of the blessing, she found she had to switch to English and let Bruce translate.  I'm sure she did a fabulous job, even though she didn't necessarily feel that way.  She said that people really look up to her and act as if she's someone with authority.  I said that's because she's awesome!  And, she's a missionary and thus has the mantle with her and that also gives her authority.  I think we often look at our leaders that way and expect a lot of them.  They do have the mantle of leadership, but they are also struggling just like we are.  Our Stake President talked about how one of his kids complained loudly about having a family meeting because she thought they'd be doing "Come Follow Me."  I told Nan that I liked that about our Stake President, that he's willing to show his flaws and that he's trying to do the best he can just like we all are.  
Anyway, Nan gave me a good opening for my talk/discussion in YW/YM today at Ward Conference.  I began by asking them who was enjoying 2 hour church.  Of course, all the youth raised their hands.  Then I told them about my sister in Africa who is especially grateful for 2 hour church because 1) It's hot, humid and there's no air conditioning, and 2)She gets to sit through 2 meetings where she doesn't understand anything of what's being taught. (At least it's not 3 anymore!)  Then I led the discussion into the responsibility that they have in their families to help make the Come Follow Me program successful.  
Following church, we talked some more, and I found out that Paul is moving back to Utah.  He'll be staying in Nan and Bruce's home with Rachel until they get their home sold.  He is taking a pay cut, but has a great desire to be closer to family.  Also, I got the news that John and Sierra are preparing to welcome a fourth child into their family.

Adrienne and AJ moved into their new home yesterday.  Caitlyn was around and helped them all morning.  Roy and I were in Logan with Sara, Crista and Matt.  They all went to a class on pruning while I played with Ruby and Greta.  Afterwards we had lunch at Herme's restaurant (no wonder I can't lose any weight).  When we got home, Roy left immediately to go get Adrienne's boys so Adrienne and AJ could continue unpacking.  He took them to a train show in Ogden.  He said they had a good time, but their attention span was only about 90 seconds per display. 

Free hat at the train show
Gunnar, Finn and Oli with Roy and Roy's uncle
Lynn who was taking tickets at the train show


Finn, Ollie and Roy.  I think that's Gunnar in the very back


I didn't write on my blog last week because there hasn't been a lot going on.  I was sick for a week and, though I've been back to my routine this whole week, I am still fighting the leftover cough and congestion.  I'm pretty sure I gave my cold to Jieun, but it was her choice to come over and spend time with me so I only feel a little badly about it.  Nick's family has been sick a lot the past several weeks and Jennie was sick, too.  I think it's been a bad winter for colds.

I also got to enjoy my other sister for a little while last week when she took me for lunch for my birthday.  We went to Dodo's restaurant in Sugar House.  It was very good but of course the best part of the lunch was the company and just visiting with Christine.  We are planning to sew together this week so she can learn how to make a rug like the one I just finished.


I received a few pictures over the past couple of weeks from Crista and Jieun.
Greta demonstrating her tongue rolling abilities
Ruby's first school pictures

  This first picture from Jieun below, is Doyeon with a Sushi feast made by Jieun.  She also made some special for Hyeji, but for some reason Hyeji didn't want it.  I know she likes Sushi, so I'm not sure what was up with that.


Hyeji and Doyeon dressed for time travel day
Dojin
And Christine sent me these pictures from the past:

Ila, Christine and Catharine

Phil on left, and Roy.  
Catharine, Grandma Cook (Maude) Nan, Philip and Christine
I enjoy reading about everyone's families.  Thanks to those of you who write each week or at least almost weekly.  Love you all--have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment