Monday, March 18, 2019

I've never had a calling like the one I am serving in right now.  I think I've mentioned before that it's a little bit intimidating to try and train YW leaders when they have had so much more experience than I have had.  There have been many times where I have reminded myself that Heavenly Father trusted in me enough to call me to this position, and also--He is not requiring me to do it all by myself.  I have 2 great counselors and an amazing secretary, as well as a hands-on high councilman that is always willing to help.  And, of course, I can always turn to the Savior.  This past week I participated in a Stake Correlation Meeting.  In other callings,  I've been glad that I'm not the one required to attend the meetings, but I am finding that most of them are wonderful and I'm glad to be a part of them.  I had signed up for a class on Tuesday nights to learn more about my new Brother sewing machine.  Nuttalls called and changed the class to Thursdays, which I knew would be more difficult.  I went to the first class and left early because it was so basic, but I thought the next class would probably be more helpful.  Then I realized I had this Stake meeting.  I could have sent one of my presidency, but I have decided I like to know what's going on.
At the meeting we spent the first 5 minutes on scheduling, and then President Daines turned the time over to his counselors to lead a discussion on the article
 Connecting Daughters of God with His Priesthood Power in the March Ensign.
They assigned everyone in the room a section to quickly read over and then give a synopsis or a personal experience.  We probably spent 40 minutes in the discussion.  What was amazing was the spirit that was in the room as we discussed this article.  When we finished the discussion, President Daines asked if he could have a few extra minutes (he is great about telling us the ending time of our meetings and sticking to it), so that we could discuss how to make our Sacrament Meetings better (more of a discussion for the bishops, but it was great to be in on this, too).  I came home on a spiritual high.  I didn't even realize it but Roy pointed out the amount of spiritual energy I had while I was telling him about the meeting.
The Stake Clerk gave one last comment before the prayer.  He said that he'd been involved with many correlation meetings over the years and that this one was by far the best.
I have included a link to the article (above) and suggest that you all read it and discuss it with your families.

It was a quiet week as far as activities.  I took care of Avie, Ori and Effie for a couple of hours on Thursday to give Nick a break (they haven't been getting much sleep lately because of sick babies).  I tried hard to play with Effie and Ori, but Avie has entered into the "Mama" stage and wasn't completely happy to be left with grandma.  Sara took this darling picture of Effie when she picked her up:

Elise has been communicating to us from Georgia.  She and Andy are there looking for a home.  It looks like they'll be able to get a nice house for a decent price.  The housing market in Augusta isn't too outrageous.  The house they're staying in for the weekend is the realtor's 2nd home that she uses to rent out when the Master's tournament is going on.  She says she makes  enough money doing that to pay the entire mortgage for the year.  Of course, she isn't charging Elise and Andy to stay there.

Elise sent this picture this morning.  It looks like they went to church in their new city.

We had most of the family over for dinner Sunday night.  It was fun to see everyone.  The kids have so much fun when they get together.  This time Adrienne's family was sick, so they stayed away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment