Sunday, April 23, 2017

Dojin's baby blessing and lots of other good stuff.

Baby blessing day for Dojin--he cried during the blessing too.  Here he is
with Greta and Effie--his Kissin' cousins.

We had a pretty great week.  Roy had church stuff nearly every night.  Monday I tended Ori and Effie while Nick had his bi-annual colonoscopy.  Both girls were really sweet and I enjoyed them (but I told Nick when he picked them up that I was exhausted--it's a lot harder to take care of grandchildren for hours than it was to take care of my own children, because I was younger).  That evening we had FHE with the Young Single Adults at our home.  Roy's ward just got a new bishopbric, so we had them tell the ward about themselves, had a treat of brownies and ice cream, and then played a game to get to know each other a little better.  It was fun and we found our home was nice and roomy--easily able to accommodate a large group.  Caitlyn and Annika waited until most of the group had left to begin practicing a violin/cello duet that they played in Roy's ward this morning.  It was the only violin/cello duet I could find that was already arranged for that combination.  It was pretty, but it had 5 flats and was a little challenging for them to learn.  I heard they did well.  Caitlyn said it was kind of an unusual arrangement.  I would have gone to hear them, but I was teaching Relief Society.  I did manage to get to Jennie's ward at 9 am (same time as my sacrament meeting) to hear her speak.  She did an excellent job.

 Tending Effie and Ori.
Sara sent me this picture of Ori by a "Bleeding Heart" plant.  I put
several of these in our yard, but of course, they don't look like this yet.


Wednesday evening we met Phil and Charlotte at Twigs Bistro in Farmington Station for dinner.  Three of us had the Mahi mahi, and Char had chicken.  We then went and enjoyed Oliver at the Centerpoint Legacy Theater.  It was quite a good production, there were several excellent actors.  We really enjoyed the company as well!

Tuesday and Thursday evening, Roy had church assignments. I used the time to study for my R.S. lesson (and I'm sure I wasted some time, also).

Thursday I took Caitlyn to the doctor.  We told her that Caitlyn was really sick on Sunday because of the medicine.  From talking to the doctor, we also realized that some sores Caitlyn had had in her mouth while traveling with her orchestra group were from the medicine as well.  The doctor felt really bad that Caitlyn had experienced all possible side effects for the medicine.  She told her she could quit taking it.  We are going to try her on Emberol and see how she does with that.

Throughout the week we had workers in our yard and by the end of Saturday it was looking pretty decent.  Roy spent Saturday building boxes for our raised garden beds.  I didn't think it sounded like too many when we were planning, but it looks a little daunting now that they are all ready for dirt.  We have 5 fruit trees in the back yard as well.  Roy spent all day Saturday working on the boxes, fixing up the chicken coop, building a compost container, among other things.  I wasn't a very supportive wife.  I let him work (Jennie helped a little, and Dan helped for a bit, too.  Caitlyn was getting ready for prom.  Roy hired a boy from our old ward to help him).  I sewed all day on a baby quilt for Greta.  It's looking pretty cute.  I am doing the quilting with free motion, and I'm also using rulers--I took a class on using rulers to quilt, right before we went to Mexico.
Saturday evening we made it to the temple to do some sealings, then we relaxed for the rest of the evening.  Before we left, Caitlyn got picked up by her date for prom.

Caitlyn and her prom date--Kykoa
 Sunday was not a day of rest this week.  I started off in Jennie's ward to hear her speak, then I hurried back to my ward where I taught Relief Society.  We got home and had a quick bite of lunch, then went to Dan's ward for Dojin's baby blessing.  We came home and visited with Crista and Matt until the rest of the family showed up for dinner--which Dan and Jieun had made for everyone.  It was delicious.  A Korean favorite--bulgolgi, served on bread (very American :))
 The rest of the pictures are from Sunday night.
Finn eating ice cream (Hyeji and me in the background)


Cait eating Cake 
Rubykins


Yuna Tuna


Dancing with Ruby! 
Cousins (Finn, Doyeon, Ori)



I'm pretty sure this is Dan under all that hair.

Note the plants in the background!  Ori on the tramp, Me, Cait and Ruby.
Finn picking up rocks to throw in the creek.


Part of one of the 8 garden boxes, with the compost box behind the kids.
(Ori, Hyeji, Ollie in the cage, Doyeon, and Gunnar.


Hyeji on the bridge--again, note the plants, and some of the garden boxes
Next step is mulch--everywhere--
It's supposed to rain all week so this step might have to wait a week or so.
Happy Birthday to Ruby on Friday and Philip on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment