Sunday, June 12, 2016

Bring on more of Summer!

The wind was amazing again on Monday.  We get a lot of wind in this area--and I think Centerville is notoriously a little worse than Bountiful.  Nick and Sara had this idea to go fly a kite.  Ori was a little small to handle the gusts (see picture below--it blew her right over).  At least they didn't do the kind of kite flying that one of our neighbors did a few years ago in a similar windstorm.  He was kite-boarding.  The wind took him up, and he realized he was awfully high--he better let go.  He broke his femur.  I think the lesson is:  Don't underestimate the power of the wind :)


We had a barbecue scheduled that night with the young single adults.  We arrived to the home of one of the counselors in the Bishopbric.  They had the volleyball net set up, and it looked fun--but it also looked miserable (because of the wind, of course).  Luckily for everyone, the barbecue was moved to the ward building.  That was a lot more pleasant, but it took the Bishopbric an hour to get the hamburgers cooked because it was a fight to get the grill going--again because of the wind.
Monday we had also spent most of the day picking tile and granite for our new home, and finalizing cabinet plans. How in the world can I tell how it's going to look in the big picture by choosing from small display samples.  At least I have a designer to help me.

I did manage to skate once this week.  I had a great hour and felt really tired and worked out.  Usually I can fit in three days of skating each week, but unfortunately I only made it once this week.  It's definitely harder in the summer when public skate is moved to 2:15 pm and I have to share the rink with kids :{
Elise arrived early Thursday morning and she and Caitlyn and I celebrated her arrival by going to lunch at Kneaders. The rest of the week has been lots of fun hanging out with Elise, and seeing lots of family.  We were able to go to Aj's parent's house for swimming one afternoon.  Adrienne's boys are awesome swimmers because they have access to this pool and they also take lessons up at Oakridge Country Club.  Jieun's girls are pretty comfortable in the water, too, and Max absolutely loves it.




Saturday afternoon we all met together at the Dave Cook home and had a wonderful time visiting with all my nieces and nephews and siblings.  Tiffany pointed out that, not only was I a great aunt to her kids, I'm a great great aunt to her grand kids.  Now that sounds old.  But really, I don't feel old.  I had such a good time visiting that I didn't take any pictures.  I think Dave's children took a few.

Elise, Nick and Sara made a stop in Spanish Fork before coming to the reunion, to see Grandpa and Grandma Rasband.  They shared some pictures and it looked like Verl and Fern really enjoyed visiting with Ori, Max and Mav.  

Max trying on all Grandma's bracelets.
 I'm a little surprised she was okay with that.




A few more pics from the week: 

Ori and Max when we went to feed ducks at Bountiful Pond.
They play so well together.


Ruby taking a selfie :)

Becky and Dave's backyard with some of the cousins.
\
I wanted to put in a little more family history, but I waited too long to get the letter done.  Look for something interesting in that category next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment