Sunday, April 22, 2018

Caitlyn is famous!

Caitlyn and I went skating Friday.  It's nothing new now that Caitlyn gets out of school every day by 10:30.  But when we arrived to skate, we saw a bus, always a bad sign! I went in and checked out the ice, and sure enough, there was a group of about 25 elementary students there.  We decided to skate anyway (we're pretty spoiled by nearly empty ice rinks and perfect ice).  Caitlyn began practicing her program for Spring Recital, and also some new moves she needed to know to try out for American Ice Theater (Saturday).  Pretty soon you could hear the kids clapping, and oohing over her jumps and spins.  They would gather in a group to watch her (which is one way to clear the ice for practicing).  A few of the girls asked if I could help them learn some skating moves.  I'm always happy to do that, so I showed them a few things to practice.  Towards the end of their skating time, all the kids started asking Caitlyn for her autograph.  She signed about 25 papers (napkins, receipts, etc.).  Then a little boy came up to me and asked, "Are you the one who teachers her?"  I smiled and said, "No, she's far better at skating than I am.  I'm her mom."  Then he said, "Well, I want your autograph anyway."  So I got to sign two autographs also.  Anyway, I thought I should report that Caitlyn and I are now famous!!!

We had a less eventful week because Roy and I had colds.  I guess we were exhausted from our trip and couldn't fight off the virus.  Roy's turned quickly into bronchitis, and since he's had experience with that, he got an an antibiotic.  We did see a few of our grandchildren throughout the week.  Gunnar, Ollie and Finn came over to play while Adrienne went with Ila to help her sister-in-law, Emmie, look for a wedding dress.  Roy was also able to watch a couple of their ball games.  Dan's family came over Saturday for a visit while Jieun did Caitlyn's hair for her last dance of her high school career--Prom.  I was doing the vacuuming,--catching up with chores since I haven't been doing much this past week.  Dojin took the floor vacuum piece and followed me around nearly the whole time he was there.  Apparently, he loves to clean.
Ollie and Finn
It must've been cold.  Gunnar in grandpa's jacket



Beverly had her toes painted (I assume for the 1st time)
Gunnar with the ball

Caitlyn and Nate on their Prom date.
Ori on the front right (with her stuffed lamb).  She sang a new song called
"Miracle" that they'd learned in  Primary.  She knew all the
words.  I told Sara that my children--especially my boys--did not like to
sing in front of people.  She looks great here, but later this same day she ended
up with a fever of nearly 102.



 We didn't see Ori and Effie, or Ruby and Greta (except last Sunday at family dinner).


This weekend was Stake Conference (last week was Stake Conference for the YSA's, so we got double).  We had Elder Hallstrom and Elder Jeffrey K Wetzel come and reorganize our stake presidency.  Jeff is a year older than I am.  We grew up in the same ward until I was 13, at which time the wards were divided and I ended up in the Monument Park 13th ward.  Jeff's future wife, Molly Warner, was in that ward with me.  Since we still don't know many people in our stake, the news of a new Stake Presidency wasn't as exciting as it would normally be.  Elder Nemrow, Dan's mission president, had previously been scheduled to come to our stake conference.  We were disappointed that we weren't able to touch base with him.  Of course, the subject of discussion was the churches new program on ministering.  It will be interesting to see how well this program is implemented.  I think a lot of people have a hard time with change, and this requires a lot of self-motivation.  My visiting teachers didn't seem to know what to do when they took the RS lessons out of the Ensign.  This is one step harder.

As I said, this was a less eventful week, so I will close this letter before I start to bore everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment